Fat Dissolve Treatment
Lipodissolve or fat dissolve injectable treatments can be used in several areas of the body for stubborn fat deposits.
The product is injected directly into the problem area with a needle, causing disruption to the fat cells and permanent destruction, resulting in progressive and permanent slimming of the area.
Areas of suitability are usually recommended to be small, persistent fat deposits that have low risk in terms of underlying anatomy, such as:
- double chin
- bra line
- abdominal region
Other regions can be considered; however, this requires a specialised consult to ensure that treatment is safe and going to provide an effective aesthetic outcome.
- Fat dissolving injections, also known as ‘lipodissolve’ are used to improve the appearance of a double chin and other small pockets of stubborn fat– they are a non-surgical alternative to liposuction and laser ‘fat freezing’.
- At The Tox Fox, treatment primarily targets elimination of your double chin-focussing on the submental fat deposit as this gives great facial slimming and profile enhancement.
- The active ingredient in fat dissolve is a bile salt.
- The bile salt solution aids waste removal.
- Fat is gradually chemically liquefied and removed by the body’s own processes over the next 4-6 weeks post treatment.
- This results in a permanent outcome of a more contoured neck profile and jawline.
- Upon injecting the fat dissolve treatment, swelling begins at the site. This is immediate and usually peaks on day 2.
- Minor bruising can occur; however, the most common and anticipated treatment outcome is swelling and discomfort. This lasts 3-5 days typically with full resolution of acute symptoms within a week.
- You will still be able to feel the underlying fat deposit initially, as this is gradually metabolised by the body and will slowly dissolve over the next 4-6 weeks.
- It is advisable to have some down time post your treatment as swelling and discomfort are expected. The discomfort is often referred to as a burning sensation and can be managed with icepacks and basic analgesia.
- Treatment results may take up to 4 weeks for a reduction in chin fat to be seen as this is reliant on the body’s ability to metabolise the dead fat cells that have been destroyed by the product.
- Recovery and metabolism of the fat cells can be encouraged with supportive massage and other therapies; speak to your clinician about these options in your consultation.
- Most clients experience a visible and marked improvement in the appearance of their chin profile after 1-3 treatments.
- Re-treatment isn’t advised for at least 4-6 weeks as the underlying fat deposit must be given a chance to resolve.
Acute swelling and discomfort at the site of fat dissolve treatment is anticipated.
It is advised that approximately 3 days of ‘down time’ is taken post treatment with ice applied to the area and basic analgesia used as required. This acute phase post treatment can be uncomfortable but short in duration.
We at The Tox Fox insist on an initial consultation prior to a fat dissolve treatment so that you can be fully informed of the treatment pathway and post procedure advice.