Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition that causes excessive sweating. Hyperhidrosis can be embarrassing and can also lead to skin irritation, excessive dampness and bad odour. If you’re someone who struggles with excessive sweating, you’re not alone!
Treatment for hyperhidrosis is designed to reduce excessive sweating with the use of anti-wrinkle product injected into the area of concern; typically arm pits or palms of the hands. Hyperhidrosis treatment inhibits the ability of the sweat glands to overreact and therefore reduces sweat sectretion.
These treatment areas can be uncomfortable and personalised consultation and planning should be implemented to ensure that your hyperhidrosis treatment is effective. The Tox Fox has a variety of anaesthetic options to support you through this procedure.
Our treatments are effective, scientifically supported, non-invasive, and safe, so you can feel confident and comfortable throughout the process.
Book an appointment with us today and discover the benefits of our hyperhidrosis treatments and other aesthetic services.
- Hyperhidrosis is the name given to excessive and uncontrollable sweating, commonly occurring on the hands and armpits.
- This is a clinical concern that can be effectively treated with injection of anti-wrinkle product into the area of concern.
- Anti-wrinkle product is used to treat hyperhidrosis in areas such as the hands, armpits and scalp.
- These injections block the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which binds with your sweat glands to signal the release of sweat, blockade of this process prevents sweating for 3-6 months.
- Results start to be noticeable approximately 5-7 days after treatment with the full effects usually noted within 2 weeks.
- Dryness typically lasts up to 6 months.
- Additional statistics from published research studies have shown that repeated treatment with anti-wrinkle injections is safe and effective for hyperhidrosis and consistently results in meaningful, long-lasting improvements in an excessive sweating symptoms.